SQL Server 2022 you are welcome!
SQL Server 2022 is finally available in RTM version! The announcement was done this week during PASS Data Community Summit 2022 in Seattle.
The new features of this amazing version of SQL Server certainly cannot be condensed into a single blog post. However, if you want to have an overview of the most important news, you can read these articles:
- SQL Server 2022 is now generally available
- Announcing SQL Server IoT 2022
- What’s new in SQL Server 2022
The releases of the previous community technology preview (CTP) and release candidate (RC) were accompanied by webinars dedicated to the most important features, here are the links:
Other very useful links:
- Introduction to SQL Server 2022
- SQL Server 2022 (16.x) release notes
- Editions and supported features of SQL Server 2022 (16.x) on Linux
- Query Store for secondary replicas
- Run SQL Server 2022 on Docker
- Ledger overview
- Use a Docker Container to Explore SQL Server 2022’s New Features
Tools for SQL Server 2022:
SQL Server 2022 download is available from the SQL Server Evaluation Center.
The RTM version of SQL Server 2022 is also available in Microsoft Azure virtual machines!
Have fun and don’t forget that the Developer Edition is free!